Monday, January 23, 2017

Bye, Bye Facebook: Part 2

I'm about a week away from pulling the plug on Facebook! As I wrote in Part 1 regarding my departure:
"I'm deleting my account because of Facebook itself. It's become intrusive, forces information on me that I don't want...at least not from Facebook. There are too many in your face ads and notices; and Facebook follows your every move on the web. Facebook is not the only company that does this but, in my experience and understanding, it is the most egregious."

Deactivate or Delete Your Facebook Account?


You can "Deactivate Your Account" by going to Settings > Security > Deactivate Your Account. Basically, you're just putting your Facebook activity on hold, not pulling the plug. You can reactivate it whenever you want. Many people do this to take a breather from Facebook.

Unlike deactivating an account, when you delete it you will not be able to reactivate it or retrieve any of the content or information you added. Facebook delays the deletion for 14 days after your request. If you log in during this time, the deletion is canceled.

You can download a copy of your Facebook information prior to deleting your account. You can always open a new account in the future, but you must start totally from scratch, including refriending people.

Think long and hard before deleting your account. If you do, you won't be the first...nor the last!

How to permanently delete a Facebook account

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!